Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Life's a beach

I've been working on an image these past few days. It comes from my love of the beach and ocean. (Who doesn't love a good beach?) Sometimes, when I meditate, the beach is my safe haven. It has been that in reality, and a place to relax and renew. I've realized, over the last few days, that we all need such a place, even if it's internal. And like my suggestion of mini-vacations, some beach time is necessary.

However, sometimes, retreating is a trap. It's great to relax and renew. But retreat has more than one meaning. Too much beach time leads to skin cancer.

So it goes back to knowing when it's time to relax and when it's time to work. I haven't figured out a good balance yet--like all dead Puritans (see previous post) I tend to work until I collapse.

What do you do for "beach time?"

No comments: