Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A recipe request

Every Christmas season, I try new recipes. I find it keeps me in the creative mode. This one has been a hit.

Gingerbread Spiced cookies:
2 cups white flour
2 generous tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ginger
1/2 tbsp cloves
1 tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg or egg substitute
1/4 cup molasses
sugar in a bowl to roll cookies

Sift together dry ingredients. Beat butter and sugar until combined and add egg and molasses and beat until mixed well. Beat in dry ingredients. Roll dough into 1" balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheets and press slightly. Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown around edges.

Like many of my recipes, you can play a little with this one. Try adding chopped nuts. Or a couple of different spices, allspice or cardamom perhaps? This is also good filled with whipped cream and frozen or vanilla ice cream. Or come up with your own version! Create!

6 comments:

Carol Kilgore said...

Sounds yummy. My neighbor made date nut cookies that are awesome. I need to see if she'll share her recipe with me :)

Merry Christmas!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Oh, yummy! I'll have to make some of those! :-)

Unknown said...

I love spicy, molasses cookies. Thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas!

Conda Douglas said...

Carol, I'd love to see the recipe!

Conda Douglas said...

Shannon, it makes a lot of cookies!

Conda Douglas said...

Janel, you're welcome!